Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What am I doing wrong?

I haven't lost any weight this past month. I am feeling pretty down about it. (Plus I think I am loosing some hair)

I haven't splurged to much on foods over the holidays. I have even increased how many times I go to the gym. I feel muscle building in my arms and legs since I have increased my work outs to be almost 2-3 hours long, 3 times a week - with intense weight training and cardio. I am truly trying harder and yet - no results on the scale. It is such a downer when there is at least 1 pound decrease, if not more, for weeks... then nothing.

I make more effort to eat proteins first but since I had my last fill, I just don't feel any restriction. I eat about the same amount. I don't snack. I keep track of my foods online thru fitday.com. I track everything. I don't get it.

I won't have a fill appointment until mid February. I haven't lost one pound since I had my last appointment. It sucks to go this long without a drop in weight. I feel stuck. Not sure what to do. I can't just not loose any weight for the next month! Should I go back onto a complete liquids diet? I mean that is where I saw my significant weight loss.

Goals for this week: Find out what I am doing wrong

Weight for today: 210 (still???)

3 comments:

  1. you're body might just be going through a plateau phase. At a recent visit to my surgeon she had mention that these are to be expected after a significant amount of weight has been shed. Doing a liquids only for a prolonged period of time might work initially but do you really want to live like that?? Why not try a fill like routine for like a week and see if it kick starts it. My surgeon has us do 2 days liquids and then 2 days of light mushies and fill weeks are usually good losers for me.
    Most importantly just HANG IN THERE. This will pass and you have faced much harder obstacles in this journey and gotten through !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are building muscle which weighs more than fat and that you need a fill, when was you last one? Can you get in there earlier? My doctor just told me about the meat challenge to check to see if you are at your optimum restriction, you could try that and see what your results are..check out my blog for specifics..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog and it looks like we had surgery one day apart. I also noticed that we seem to be having the same issues regarding progress. I hit a plateau a couple of times so far. I would get stuck at the same number for multiple weeks. Not to worry though, I managed to lose 1.5 lbs this week so it looks like the scale is moving again. I agree with Jennifer's suggestion, try the "meat test". If you find that you don't have restriction maybe you could call your docs office and let them know that you would like to come in sooner. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete