Thursday, June 2, 2011

Biggest Looser Bandwagon

I am not a huge Biggest Looser fan since I don't watch the show on a regular basis. But when I happen to catch it I am sucked in. I am always intrigued to see how they are working out and the things they do - It lead me to purchase the Biggest Looser Fitness book. I was interested in mixing up my workout since I don't like to get board and I feel I need to 'learn' more about how my body reacts. We do a lot of the same weights and machines at the gym. I am now feeling more confident to do my own thing. Hence the book. I don't want to not look like I know what I am doing.

This book has some great circuits in it. Something I don't do much of. But I need to get out of this rut... plateau.. same freakin' spot I have been in for way to long! I made myself I cheat sheet with the list of things I should do each time. I did this before reading the whole book. Therefore I did way to many workouts for each body part and no wonder why I am so sore days and days later. It did feel good though and I kicked some ass doing it. Today I am going back and re-doing my cheat sheet so it makes more sense. Derrr...

Plateau has always been an interesting word to me. I hate it but want to understand it more. Jillian Michaels of Biggest Looser states that she doesn't believe in plateaus. It is simple math. Calories in, Calories out. We have to pay attention to how much our body needs to use thru the day so we can find our calorie deficits between 800 -1000 per day. Lucky me, I have a BodyMedia Arm back which calculates this for me. We have to constantly change our work out so our body is challenged and continually keep loosing weight. I have not done this. I learned one thing and stuck with it - but just becoming more aware I need to keep up the challenge. Gotta up my game!

Today, I am reading The Biggest Looser Fitness book and Jillian Micheals' Unlimited. I hope to learn more about how I can push myself to get this scale moving. Also a  suggestion is to listen to Jillian's podcast. I don't listen to the whole conversation but only the fitness sections. She kinda rants about things that are random after the health/fitness section. 

Still looking for motivation and courage to go to Cardio Kick boxing class. Sigh...


Goal for this week: Update circuit cheat sheet and laminate them. Maybe I will post them to the blog once I have them ready.

Weight for today: 200.4 ( I think my scale is broken - boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment