Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Social Drinking & Eating

I seem to be moving  between a 2-3 pound gain/loss the past few weeks. It goes down a few pounds and I feel right on track - then the next day it is back up 1 - 2- 3 pounds and then I am just not happy.

I feel really great about my progress during the week days. I feel in a schedule and routine that I like. I have 1 - 2 shakes a day as meal replacements. I eat fruit and try to eat a protein dinner. Then on the weekends I don't have that schedule at all. I do eat a breakfast, a shake then just have a dinner. I sleep in later so I don't feel the need to eat a lunch.

I need to find that right balance. Some days I have it. Then some days I don't. Being conscious of this everyday is very hard. It comes a lot more natural than it did at first. It became easier and the weight just came off so easy. Now, one and a half years later I still struggle with this. I am looking for an easy fix to keep moving forward but I feel there is this wall that I just keep tying to get over, I keep struggling, I keep falling, but yet I feel like I am hitting the wall each time... over and over... It makes me so mad at myself that I haven't really gone down much. Not sure why it isn't sinking in my head or in my routine. Each day is different and how I feel about myself.

Social eating is always a hard one. I try to make it so it isn't noticeable that I am eating less than everyone. But yet someone always mentions that I am not eating very much or why I am not eating. It is hard being out and not really drinking with my friends. I used to feel very comfortable drinking a few beers- knowing my limits - then driving home after sobering up. Now it takes me a long time to feel sober to drive. So I prefer to not even drink at all. I like to say in certain circumstances that I am the designated driver. 85% of the time it is true. But before I would have one beer and be in the mix and having fun. There is this urge to still have a drink in my hand. This weekend I discovered San Pellegrino Aranciata Orange Soda. It could be a nice alternative to typical soda if one hard that urge. I poured it into a cup so it looked like I had a mixed drink. It seemed to work.

Here is the nutritional information...
I ate so many appetizers at a party this weekend that I didn't feel hungry to even eat my dinner. Even though I had stood in line to put food on my plate, put enough on my plate to fill it up, then sat down and didn't touch it. I felt bad waisting the food but I felt powerful to know when to stop. It was definitely a NSV- Me against food. I know I need to find that limit for social events because I still love to hang out and go do dinners with friends. I don't want to be a social outcast and loose those connections. Just need to keep making mental notes of it to keep me focused in front of temptations.

And yes, I am still working on the no-carb rule. Been a little 'flexible' last week. But refocusing and going to do it. Also contemplating a 3 day cleanse.

Goal this week: FOCUS

Weight for today: 199.2

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about social eating and drinking. Almost makes you an outcast when you don't participate. Anyway I've always thought about getting the band...I'll be following and congrats on the weight you have lost, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete