Monday, August 30, 2010

Shame On Me

I am in full gear ramping up for my cruise and still a bit peeved at myself for missing my birthday goal last week. So now I am onto my next goal - THE CRUISE GOAL! I leave in 22 days and counting. I want to loose something - anything before then. I don't know if I will make it into my bikini bottoms that I wanted to. But dammit I am gonna try!

So with that said, I did a 3 hour workout yesterday. That much because I missed my Thursday workout. I did a toning and cardio routine that has tons of squats and makes you sweat! Then did back and shoulders for my muscle focus. Then did so many ab crunches. We came across a magazine that is all about abs. So I did a few different suggestions from there. With that said today I really feel sore in my legs from all the damn squats. I am walking around so slow and standing up from my desk like an old lady. The sore feeling I like because then I know I am doing something that is working.

Each time I go to the gym I have been working on my triceps. I do pull down pulleys, solo pulleys, and overhead triceps press. I notice a difference even though I am not doing heavy weights I am just doing something.

I am really trying to eat better foods since my birthday. I am focusing on my proteins and drinking more water. Which reminds me gulp, gulp.... I really need to change what I am doing because whatever I have been doing for months now isn't working. Shame on me. I guess you can say I am taking all that anger about still being in the 200's and refocusing it in a positive. It just pisses me off that I am not where I want to be when losing the first 25 pounds was so much easier. It came off really easy. Every week I saw a loss. The last 5 pounds and 5 months have been a real struggle.

I question if my band has slipped and that is why I dont have that restriction.
I question why I don't feel that satisfied feeling.
I question why I am hungry.

I read everyone's success stories of how far everyone has come and I feel everyone is passing me by. That can be very hard to see when you are on the other side. We have all been given this gift of having a band, and I just feel like with all my struggles I am the girl that you read about that is on the lower end of the weightloss scale.

The one that they say...
"The band just isn't for everyone"
"It works slower than gastric bypass."
"Everyone's journey is different"
"The band works different for everyone"
...and so on.

Goal for this week: Water!

Weight for today: 201

2 comments:

  1. I know it's frustrating losing slow and seeing others losing more. I'm closing in on 2 months out and I've only lost 14 lbs, so there are a lot of people passing me by already. I just have to keep thinking slow and steady wins the race. Looking at your picture the weight that you have lost has made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry!

    I was one of those "fast losers" and now I have spent 4 months going back and forth over 4 lbs.

    Like you, I work out a lot. I also get hungry and can eat waaaaaay more than your average bandster.

    I know it sucks because it's natural to compare, but you are rocking the band. I am rocking the band. Some days we're both rocking the band more than others. But big picture we've both changed our lives with it and made tremendous gains (well, losses!).

    You look amazing! Please don't beat up on your self.

    ReplyDelete