Monday, December 7, 2009

Testing Patience


I know, I know... The gastric band is meant for us to loose weight slower but I am sure feeling greedy. I wish each week when I weigh myself that it is going to be more than 2 pounds. But this week I have no weight loss so Miss Little Lulu, my gastric band, showed me who was boss. (We are still in the getting to know you phase)

Also testing my patience this week was shopping for a holiday dress. I bought one before my surgery and now it doesn't fit and looks old lady-ish. I am not a big shopper but now I need to find a dress to wear. I like to go in and get what I need and then onto the next store. I dislike malls for a many of reasons. But I think I don't like them because there is never stores that I can fit into their clothes. I attempted to look in stores I wouldn't normally.. feeling all good about myself. I started out with my normal Ross and Marshalls trips... but didn't find anything. We went to the mall since I know I can fit into a size 16. Some stores carry that size so I figured what the hell. Me, again getting greedy and ahead of myself, I got really disappointed b/c I couldn't fit into anything I tried on. All of the joy of being able to wear 2 sizes smaller.... all went to hell and shopping in hip stores made me feel like a totally fatty.

Goal for this week: Turn my frown upside down.

Weight for today: 211

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up! I get impatient too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long term journey and you're headed in the right direction. I think we all want it NOW NOW NOW...and if you're like me, so many of the blogs that I read, so many of my new friends have already come so far. We're the new crop...the wave of new bandsters who have been inspired by those who went before us and took the time to share, to give us courage...we've got our share of miles to go but yknow what, next time this year we'll have told our stories too. Hang in there, find a perfect dress for Christmas and celebrate the wonderful things you're doing for yourself. Best!!!!

    ReplyDelete