Monday, December 21, 2009

"Your hair looks great"

We have friends and family come every year to my family's hosted party and everyone kept giving me complements about how nice my hair looked. Not the fact I have lost a bunch of weight but out of all things... my hair? Seriously, like 20 complements on my hair! My hair did look nice that night but don't they look down? Is that what people say when they don't want to offend you?

This week following my second fill I have no more restriction than I did before my fill. I am kinda disappointed that it didn't make any difference. Granted it was only 1cc added so now I am at 5cc. I hate to say I rely on it, but I do. It reminds me something is inside of me, reminds me my little helper is there rooting for me. When I don't feel any restriction I feel like I could force myself to eat more even when I shouldn't. (that is so bad, but true!) I have to slow down and chew more. It seems like such a little step but I really have to be conscientious of it. I am trying to eat better proteins after stocking up on some chicken, ahi tuna, salmon, edamame, hummus and a few others. Not down any more on the scale and just trying to make it thru Christmas without overeating or indulging in to many cookies. Day by day is all I can say!

Goals for this week: To not make excuses for not going to the gym. We all do it! I have days off this week and a long weekend so I have to take advantage of it.

Weight for today: 210

4 comments:

  1. I don't understand it either April, I can see a big difference in your photos. The face & neck is definitely thinned out.

    I guess they didn't want to say something like, wow! Have you lost weight? In case you didn't. So they figured that a compliment on something trivial was better than no compliment at all.

    But next time, they will not be able to avoid the obvious!!

    Happy Holidays, I hope your Christmas & New Years is fantastic.

    Debi: www.hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! I'm not so sure about your hair though.. ha ha!

    Seriously love the blog. Your struggles are very common. I have trouble choosing the right foods to eat, hate dress and jean shopping and ALWAYS make excuses for what I could do instead of going to the gym.

    I can definitely tell the physical changes in the pics! Hang in there! Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are complementing you on your hair because they can't quite figure out what's different...but actually your hair does look really cute lately!

    I need to get my butt to the gym as well...argh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair does look fabulous btw but I get what you mean I totally was like hello people can you not see the weight loss ?? But I guess it takes awhile for people to really notice...at about 35 lbs or so is when EVERYONE started giving me compliments on the weight loss so hang in there they will come !!

    ReplyDelete