Monday, December 14, 2009

Month Two

First, the outfit I wore to the holiday party was a hit. Even though it was my boyfriend's holiday party - It was kinda like my own as well since I used to work there too. So I had not seen some people for awhile. It was great to see everyone, but even more of a reward that I received so many complements. "stunning" "sparkly" "gorgeous" "amazing"... words that I never thought anyone would describe me as. It felt so good. A big boost!

A big success at two months, being down two sizes and down 20 pounds. I never thought I would of been here only two months after. It was a big goal of mine to be down 20 before Christmas... and here I am two weeks before. Wow! What a great accomplishment.

I have my second follow-up appointment this week. I hope to get a fill. Not looking forward to the actual poke, but the feeling afterward. I haven't felt much restriction the past two weeks. I feel as if I have ate a lot more food. I need to remind myself to eat slower and chew more. I have been braver with the things I have eaten. But trying not to fall back into foods that are not nutritious or filling. It isn't an easy route. But just knowing I am 10 pounds away from the 100 digits is VERY encouraging. I just need to remind myself that when I am feeling greedy about the weight loss and wishing it was more.

I need to go to the gym more often than I do. I have been disciplining myself and pushing myself to run harder and longer on the treadmill. Mind you, I am not a runner at all. I feel the machine shake when I run too. But with headphones on - who cares! I jog most of the time, or I push myself to run at each 1/4 mile marker. I think if I keep this up, I will be able to run the whole mile. I have a close friend who has been a big motivator in my active goals. She is a great friend over the years and a huge supporter with my journey. She has her own weight loss goals but I have looked up to her since she has been very strict on her running. She has went to not being able to run a mile, to running a half marathon. I am so proud of her. Maybe one day I can run along side of her. You know who you are and I thank you, girl!

Goals for this week: Gym! Gym! Gym!

Weight for today: 210 (adios 20 pounds!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are too sweet! You will run a race with me some day. Congrats on the awesome milestone. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete