Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Second Fill

I just got back from the clinic for my second fill. Let's just say he took extra precaution in numbing me since the last fill was so painful and not successful until an x-ray. Thank goodness it was more numb this time because he was really pushing into my side with a lot of pressure. The port seems to move around as he added pressed down with his hand. The nurse kept me distracted my asking me questions about life and work. It really helped. Every so often I would feel a prick but I just took a deep breath and all was okay. I knew I had to have a positive mind set this time. Plus he kept calling me "kiddo". Just as he was saying he might have me go to Radiology, he hit the port just right. He was so relieved. He only put in 1cc this time. I don't know if I was hoping for more or not I was just relieved he actually hit my port.

I learned I am eating too much cheese and I need to eat more proteins. It is okay for cottage cheese but anything else I need to cut back on. I really need to re-evaluate my eating so I can form better habits. Plus my activity needs to increase. I just can't go to the gym 2x's a week - I need to make more of an effort. Going into the clinic is a big reality check and I need to step back and realistically try harder.

2 comments:

  1. How many cc's are you up to now? I'm at 7 ccs.

    Wow, you look amazing and I hear ya on tweaking the food. I swear, I'll spend a week really being diligent, think I have reached a new level of awareness and then doh, realize I need to cut back on cheese, or whetever else. At least we are trying to be aware and mindful and are making the effort to change our habits tho- as opposed to before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I still rely on eating a lot of cheese. I can't help it, I love it. I go in on the 28th for my first fill so we will see what they say about MY DIET!! (cringe)

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete