Thursday, December 17, 2009

... it is just another road to take


Ever feel when you explain weight loss and your struggles to those who have never had a weight problem... that they just don't get it?

I am not sure if my weight loss is enough for some. Like it should be more. Granted I do feel a little greedy some days wishing it was more myself. But if it comes off to quick I don't want a jiggly ass or else where. That isn't healthy. And getting to 150 won't happen over night. I would of thought the person who would be the hardest on me would be myself. Today, I don't think this is true. Granted, I do get a lot of support from those I do tell... but come on people... see how far I have come! I don't have high blood pressure, no more migraines, I have got my period back and have been regular thus far, I religiously take my vitamins, I am down two sizes, and most of all very happy with my progress. I never thought I could be here even so soon.

I guess I need to be careful with my words when I explain things to those who are thin their whole lives. I have to teach and give more insight to my struggles cause Weight loss surgery isn't an easy way out... it is just another road to take.

3 comments:

  1. Uh, oh. Sound like someone decided to lecture you, huh?

    So annoying.

    I was at the gym the other day, on the treadmill, earplugs in, running along when someone tapped me on the shoulder to tell me, "You look greay! Lost a significant amount of weight, huh? Well it's all about lifetsyle. So make sure you workout and eat right every day!"

    I wanted to say, "Really? Are you serious?"

    But instead I just smiled wanly and nodded at this sage advice I'd never ever heard before, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear someone in your life isn't supporting you! Hopefully it's not someone close to you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you recognize that it isn't just about the number on the scale- that the other aspects of your health matter as well. For those that don't recognize this, they will not have the continued success that you will have....

    ReplyDelete