Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

This past week was Thanksgiving. I loved having the 4 day weekend and being around family. But the downside is the food. Overall, I did well since I didn't snack at all but having larger meals than normal doesn't make it better. I noramlly take my food and shakes with me when I stay at the bf's house for the weekend - but this time I didn't. I think it would of helped me stay on track/over eat if I did. So something to do next weekend and to rememeber when I go out of town in the future.

We ate at my boyfriend's family house during the day, then ate another meal at my family's house. I took a little of everything and that added up. I tried to eat the protein first and remember my guidelines to follow. For the first post surgery thanksgiving it went okay. Not the best, just ok. I was surprised at how much I was able to eat. I didn't feel full right away like normal. So the rest of the weekend, I ate two more big meals aside from turkey day dinner. Still eating way more than normal. I wonder where it all went and why I was able to eat that much when I had not been able to do that before. Sunday I weighted myself to see what the damage was... it surprised me since I was down 2 more pounds. Must of been the two days I really pushed myself at the gym?

I am sure everyone has experienced this but it seems to be happening more... Every day not just thanksgiving day. It is family who loves to cook and takes offense to you not eating what she made. It isn't my family but my boyfriend's. The Filipino culture revolves around food. And I don't want to offend her by always saying no to the foods she makes or sitting down and eating with them when I bring my own food. I have told her countless times that I am "on a diet" and "trying to be good". But I think now she is noticing more and more that I keep saying no thank you. She even asks me questions like... You don't like the food I made? You don't like Filipino food? Why don't you eat with us and not go out to eat? You don't like rice? The questions seem to be getting more detailed and harder to avoid. I truly don't want to hurt her feelings in any way, I just don't know what more I can say.

The greatest thing happened on Sunday. My boyfriend hugged me, a nice long one, then he stood back from me and looked me up and down. I didn't know why until he said "I can wrap my arms all around you, nice and tight! You are loosing weight hun!" Then proceeded to keep hugging me over and over for a few minutes in disbelief... It was the best feeling.

Goals for this week: Get a smaller bra, Eat slower

Weight for today: 211 (one more pound to -20)

2 comments:

  1. Filipinas are aggressive when it comes to food- trust me, I know! LOL...congrats on your continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeks. I know your BF's mom must mean well but, eeekks! That is a tough situation to be in. Good for you for sticking to your guns, hopefully she'll get the hint and stop testing your boundaries around food.

    You're doing great- I take it you don't have a fill yet, so a couple of days of eating like that are a-okay. Totally normal. I only say that because I'd hate to see you get frustrated with how much you can actually eat- it's kinda shocking and we all go through it.

    Your comparison shots are amazing, btw, what a difference that 19 lbs made.

    ReplyDelete