Monday, November 16, 2009

One Month


Today is my official one month of being banded. I can't believe it has been this long. It seems like I just was there last week in surgery. I would say the first month is the hardest, but do-able. I am sure my recovery and weight loss would of been quicker if I never got sick with pneumonia. (major downer)

I am still coughing but mainly at night. It has increased a bit at the beginning of the week since I felt like I was getting sick again. I ended up taking a day off and slept till 2pm to make sure it wasn't just because I was wearing myself out. I think the stuffy nose and mucus caused me to to cough more. I am thinking of getting some Musnix on the way home to help my lungs get everything out.

I ate a bit more than normal at the end of this week. I think it is because I really don't have any restriction and tired of being on liquids. I do really well on the week days but the weekends are harder b/c I am social. I am still only taking small walks since I go into coughing fits. I ate out both Friday and Saturday nights. Friday I had Vietnamese porridge and hot tea. Then Saturday I ate chicken tortilla soup and with a side of black beans. We were out with friends for the Sat night dinner and talked so long that I started to get hungry again while sitting there. I ended up eating 5 tortilla chips with salsa. I think having the "side" of something helps give the illusion of others that I am eating more than I am. No one except my family, boyfriend and a few close friends know I had Gastric Banding done. Not ready to talk about over dinner.

All weekend I kept thinking about today and getting my first fill. Who ever said it doesn't hurt is a big liar! I thought that the numbing hurt but it has a bit of a sting to it. Nothing bad just had to take a few deep breaths to get me thru. Then I thought it was over. I didn't realize that it was the numbing he just did but the 4 inch needle was next. I should of never looked at that thing. Scary. He tried for 10 minutes jabbing me and making me tighten my tummy muscles. I could feel him missing and moving the large needle around. I even felt a gritty feeling of him hitting the port with it too. Each time he hit the port it felt like it was sliding out of place. Any time he went past it, I had a very sharp pain. I was sweating like a mo fo. I sweat so much that my shirt was wet enough to get the exam table paper wet. My whole back, butt and legs. Should I stand, arch my back, hold my side.... nothing I offered he wanted to do. He stated it was because of the scars are so new that they are larger at this stage. But I am so thankful that the x-ray option is available. So tomorrow I have to go back to the main hospital instead of the clinic to go get my fill via x-ray.

Goals for the week: To not be in pain when I get the x-ray fill tomorrow. And to post my before and 1 month photos.

Weight for today: 216

No comments:

Post a Comment