Monday, November 23, 2009

Downsizing

I am really learning what I can and can not eat this week. It was my first week of eating solids. I started out with mussy foods and then worked my way to more textured things. I was scared at first since I kept reading about people vomiting if their foods didn't go down. So I took it pretty slow by chewing everything and eating slower. I also learned that I have to eat my protein first since the time I didn't I ended up getting hungry an hour later and eating more. Not what I really want to make a habit of.

I bought a "laptop lunchbox" or a bento box and took that to work with my lunches in it. I never finished each day I brought it since I didn't realize how little I would need to eat to get full. I heard about the bento box from another gastric blog... The world according to egg-face. If you haven't checked her blog out - do it. It is fantastic and she puts a lot of effort into her posts.

Since I have dropped a few pant sizes I needed to get some pants I can actually wear. So we went to Ross. I went in search of pants. I went to the 16 section. Normally I go to the plus size racks. I picked up a 2 pairs of pants, that I thought I was getting ahead of myself since the jeans I have at home are 16s are stretchy jeans. So would I really fit into the ones I was going to try on? I held them up thinking that they were pretty small. But I took them into the dressing room and proceeded to try them on. Once again holding them up, I unclipped them from the hanger and slipped them on. Wholly crap! The first ones fit. I was in such shock I wanted to run out and tell my boyfriend or text my friend, but I just starred at myself in the mirror and proceeded to tear up in total astonishment. The second pair would for sure not fit because the legs were not wide enough or boot cut. But I tried them on anyways... and wholly wholly crap... these fit too! I have never tried on two pairs of jeans and they both fit. I normally have to grab every pant in sight to find the right one. I walked out of the dressing room so excited and I ended up getting them both.

I went home and put all of the pants I couldn't fit into anymore to the back of the closet. (This is where I used to keep my skinny pants) The stack is taller in the back than in the front now. So long size 20s!

Goal for the week: Get the new pants hemmed so I can wear them!

Weight for today: 213 (-17 pounds)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new pants size!!!!
    Tears of joy for sure and how thankful you must be this Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing thing! I gave away every piece of clothing from a size when I dropped to the smaller size. Can't have them around cuz I'm never gonna wear em again! So great to read this! :)

    ReplyDelete