Monday, November 9, 2009

Week Three

It is now week three and I am still on a liquid diet. The most I have is cottage cheese and poached eggs. I don't think I am allowed to even have those yet but it offers me substance that I just can't get with soups. (Is that cheating?) My motivation is slowly in a downward direction with only being on liquids. Thank goodness my first fill is a week from today. I know I can make it till then. I am really looking forward to it. But since today is the start of a new week I have to gather my thoughts and learn from my mistakes this weekend - to start a new week off right!

I realize that when I am in "one of those moods" I can not be alone in the house. Since I live with others there are foods I am not suppose to have and I wanted to eat them out of sheer boredom on Friday. But the interesting thing is it is foods I have never really wanted before that I am drawn too. Friday when I got off of work late it was the start of the bottomless pit. I wanted to eat anything and everything. I had a mini kit-kat, a thin slice of cake for the icing, and a slice of cheese. It lasted the whole weekend. I even wanted ice cream and I am not a big fan of it. I so wanted it but resisted. I knew I could be strong for my mental hunger craving.

Mainly on the weekends I stay with my boyfriend so I have been bringing my shakes and soups with me. We use to go out to eat a lot since we aren't big cooks at his house. It has been difficult because he wants to eat things I can not eat or he wants to go to a certain restaurant that I can not order anything at. I don't think he really understands what my limitations are right now with eating. I have to not only be disciplined with myself, I have to teach him along the way too. I don't mind but in some way I wish he already knew the answer. He has been very patient with me and that I am most thankful for. We ended up going to a Chinese food place and I ordered won-ton soup. He ordered a noodle soup instead of a dish. It was nice of him to have soup with me.

Being out and being social is still the hardest part. I think I am full when we leave the house but then a couple of hours out I get hungry again. Most of the time I don't have anything I can bring with me to snack on. I mean, what can I bring with me that still falls with in my liquid diet that can be put in my purse? Does anyone have any suggestions?

This week I have a support group meeting, physical trainer appointment and then my first group meeting with some existing southern cali bandsters thru Lapbandtalk.com.


Even though I have not lost any weight this week. (maybe this is why I felt so down about things) I did purchase a nice black sweater from Kohl's. A new one opened up near us and since we had never been into one we thought we would walk around. I ended up risking 'severe disappointment' by trying on a smaller size. Instead of an XL which I am normally drawn to... I picked up a Large and it fit perfectly. I was so excited. Now it just needs to get cold so I can wear it.

New discovery... Almond Milk. Instead of soy milk. So yummy blended with Vanilla shake mix, ice, banana.

Goal for this week: Stick to the plan. Stay positive. Walk.

Weight for today: 217

3 comments:

  1. I totally relate to feeling done with the liquid diet. I'm only one week into it and I'm dreaming about food ALL the time, I can't wait until I get to start mushy foods tomorrow. I have a thought for your foods-on-the-go dilemma. Maybe try a yogurt drink? They are basically thinned down yogurt that you drink. I'd never had them until this liquid diet, but they are good. They are with the yogurt and I've found store brands and one called "Frusion" that is really good, I think it's made by Dannon. They are refrigerated, but I'm sure they would last at least a few hours in a purse. Hand in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Robyn for the great idea of the yogurt drinks. I know exactly what kinda you are referring too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Almond Milk... I get the Unsweetened Vanilla and put a few drops of Liquid Stevia in it. ( Not sure if you know what Stevia is, but if you dont- it's a natural sweetener that is zero calorie and tastes soooo good! My favorite kind is called Nu Naturals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia and you get it at whole foods. I use it to sweeten in my protein shakes, Almond Milk, My Water with a splash of PURE Cranberry juice NOT from concentrate, tea, coffe, etc. I also have the packets from the same company that I bring with me in my purse. :)

    ReplyDelete