Monday, October 26, 2009

Photos of first week

Here are the oh so sexy socks that they give you to wear while you are in the hospital. I hate socks too. I like to be barefoot but they came in handy since my feet were cold the whole time in hospital. I ended up wearing them out of the hospital. So I kinda stole them.

This is my first meal. Chicken broth, Hot tea, Orange Jell-o, Apple juice. You can't have juice at this stage so why did I get it?

Some items that got me thru the week: A bear with exercise band tied like a bow - given to me by Doctor and staff, A cool water bottle my dear friend gave me, Kleenex, my sexy socks, a heating pad, the bariatric binder with all that I needed to know this week and forever, pink nail polish, my incentive spirometer and a M-S pill traveler to put my vitamins in.

Then my tummy shot. Looks gross and bloody but not painful. The spot that is bloody is the port. The largest cut. Notice my skin is really red - that is the allergic rash I got. Compare it to my hand's skin color. Big difference. It is strange they went thru my belly button. But now I can't put my belly ring back in until that sticker comes off around the area. Hope it doesn't close. Fingers crossed.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being banded! Sorry you've had a bumpy recovery so far. Hoping the rest of the healing goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete