Monday, October 26, 2009

Days up till Surgery


Saturday we ended up in Carlsbad going for a long walk along the lagoon. It was a great opportunity to get outside and have some solo time with the boyfriend. We talked a lot about the surgery that day. For dinner, since I could still eat, we went to one of our favorite spots... The Karl Strauss Brewery Restaurant. I had a wedge salad and some beef skewers from the appetizer menu. It has a wonderful view of Japanese gardens with a koi pond. It is so relaxing and romantic. This weekend has been a great one aside from constantly thinking of my surgery.

Batiquitos Lagoon
http://www.batiquitosfoundation.org/newsite/index.php

Karl Strauss Brewery
http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Eats/SorrentoMesa.html

Sunday is the day before my big day. I ended up cleaning my room and preparing myself for my recovery period. I also drank the magnesium citrate carbonated drink. This is an oh so innocent looking bottle but dang it packs a punch on your intestines making you flush out anything you have ate all week. I couldn't really sleep that night mainly because I was getting scared. I had to be up and at the hospital at 5am. I think i stayed awake until 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment