Monday, October 26, 2009

My First Week

Tuesday: First part of morning was woken up by nurses to get vitals, go pee for the first time, and to eat something. Broth, jello and hot tea. Not that bad but I really only ate the broth. Laid around all day with my mom until I was released at 3pm Tuesday. I was told to use my incentive spirometer every hour as I had the following day. I did it while I was in the hospital but once going home I wasn't as disciplined. By the time I got home the meds where wearing off and I was in the most pain ever. And was getting a temp. I tried to sleep but kept waking up to pee. I am no longer on high blood pressure medicines. This whole time my blood pressure has been low which is a shock t me because it has been so high the past few months.

Wednesday: I was starting to cough a lot and had shortness of breath. This made it hard to blow into the spirometer. My temp was 102* and called my surgeon to ask what to do. He stated I should drink plenty of liquids. I napped and walked a few times to the corner and back. But never felt any better this day. It felt like I had the flu. Ding Ding! I had a flu shot while in the hospital! I think that was a big mistake.

Thursday: I ended up going to urgent care today since my temp had not changed. It was now 103*. While I was there they had me to a chest cat scan to rule our blood clots and see in detail what was going on in my lungs. I had to do the test twice b/c the first time i guess I moved. They inject you with a fluid called Contrast Dye. So since I had to do the test twice - i got twice the dye. I didn't think much of this at this time. After the tests came back and a lot of waiting I was told I have phenomena. I was then reminded that I probably got his sick b/c I didn't use my spirometer like I should of.

Friday: On meds now and blowing every half an hour on my spirometer... I was itching and my skin started to burn. Now what it is!?! One thing after another. The rash didn't go away at all today. So in the evening I went back to the urgent care b/c I thought I might be allergic to the meds they gave me. Come to find out the dye they injected me with I am allergic to that. And I have twice the amount in my body. It is suppose to fade away with in a few days. I was told if it gets to bad to take benadryl for the itchy burning in all my hot spots. So when I gt hot - it burns. The good thing was I didn't have a temp at all and was feeling better aside from the skin burning. I weighted myself today: 224lbs. Only -3 pounds. I would of thought it would of been more.

Saturday and Sunday: I felt depressed by this time of the week. I was bored of being in the house and being sick. Sick of being sick! I have had very little pain from my surgery and now was able to sleep on my sides. I kept up with the blowing part to bring my lungs back to life. Just overall down on myself. Plus I then started my period! After 6 months of not having it. Wholly cow another thing to deal with.

God is totally testing me this week. Bright side of things: I think my face and ankles look thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment