Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week One

So it is now officially over one week after my surgery. I am officially banded! I wish I could be really excited about the whole process until this point but it has been really hard this past week. From having the surgery, to the flu, to the pneumonia, to the allergic reaction of and my skin burning and itching... it has been hell.

Last week it was very easy for me to not really think about food because I was sick and isolated at home. But now I am now back at work. Shouldn't be that hard for someone who just sits at their desk all day, but I work for a company that owns some hotels and restaurants. I am working on designing new fall menus and even offered taste tests of the new food items. I am surrounded by food. I see and smell all of this yummy food but I can't even have a bite. The Chef was so excited to share his new creations too. I had to tell him I can't keep anything down. (liar) But then he stated he would be back next week with something else. Crap, what do I tell him then?

I am still on my clear liquid diet and feeling down about it. I need a change. I am feeling light headed and need something else in my tummy. I only eat per day 3-4 chocolate protein shakes, protein water, regular water, hot teas, 1 cup jell-o. Occasionally I will have broth but it just makes me sad to even look at it.

My boyfriend has decided that he isn't shaving until I am better. Boy, he is sure gonna be harry by the end of this all. Pneumonia isn't an overnight recovery. The funniest thing is he doesn't grow hair continuously all over his face, it is patchy. Adorably cute. But I would rather have a smooth surface to kiss. So I guess I better get well soon... I think that is his goal in all of this. Gotta Love the guy :-)

Weight for today: 221.5 lbs.

----
After posting this, I got a call from my clinic and they stated I could eat soup or something as long as it had no more than the consistency of split pea soup. After work I stopped at the store and purchased some home made soups. Went home and pureed them. I swear it felt so good to get something in my stomach. I ate 1 cup of tomato bisque and I was full the whole night. No rumbling of my stomach. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment