Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More Weight Loss

This year has started out horrible on the health front. I was sick for one week with a serious cold. Got over it then one week later I got a stomach flu for 2 days. It has allowed me two great things... 1) to have a mental break from work since I have been feeling overwhelmed and 2) I lost another 5 pounds since last weigh in.  How crazy is that!?!

Now, I can't really count this as my actual weight since I was sick and my body is reacting. But in a way I am excited for just a quick moment. I am planning on getting a flu shot when I go see my general doctor this coming month. I never want to get the flu again. What a mess and toll it takes on your body. Yucky! My jeans are a little looser today.

I hope I have got out all sickness for the year... only healthy months ahead. I have to kick my butt into gear and really step it up at work. I can't be lazy or let the ball drop on certain projects coming up. It is amazing how much work can reflect on your life. I haven't been so stressed with work and yet so sick. Are they linked in some way....mmmm....

I have a family wedding at the end of February that I would like to be at 190 for. That would be 10 pound weight loss since I had set this mini goal for myself. Granted, I wans't planning on getting sick in between. If it can stay off that would be great and it can help me meet my goal quicker. I will take my next Monday weight in as my actual weight and go from there. I think this mini goal is helping me be accountable. Really accountable this time.

Goal for this week: Get back to normal day to day

Weight for today: 193.6 lbs.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goal. Hope your sickness is done because you've definitely had your fair share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! 5 lbs is nothing to sneeze at(pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Ape! One of the upsides to getting sick ;-) Remember, FOCUS!!

    ReplyDelete