Monday, November 8, 2010

Lets Get Motivated

Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks. - Johann Gottfried Von Herder



Spinning: I have gone back to spin class at least once each week for the last few weeks. It feels so good to burn all of those calories! I didn't realize at a moderate pace you can burn 300-600 calories.   Even thought it wasn't my favorite instructor last week... She does a lot of going back and forth of standing and sitting which hurts my knees. I guess she thinks her class will get bored with longer cycles. Not too sure. Well I shared my frustrations about this instructor with my coworker who also teaches Spin class, she has suggested I go to her class this week. She teaches at a different gym a few times a week. So now I can't get out of it because I have pushed the invite off every single time she wants me to go. I know the class will be great since she is always doing her own music mixes each week - she never has a repeat class. I also hear a lot of positive feed back from her class. She absolutely loves teaching spin. I never work out in front of coworkers so I hope I kick ass as much as she thinks I will. This means I will have to do 2 Spin classes this week and I will forever compare her awesomeness of a spin class to the ones at my gym. Spin will never be the same! Let's go motivation!


Running: I have never been really big on running. I am more of a fast jogger. I also envy those who can run a long distance. Since I haven't been on the treadmill for awhile I went on it and 'tried' to run. My lungs were so tight. I felt so weak but I kept on pushing myself. I wanted to catch up with my boyfriend who was running next to me. I kept checking his distance and ran full speed to get to the same distance. I ended up 1/10 th of a mile behind him. I can easily do 1 mile within 20 minutes of warm up. I guess I have to get back to my Couch to 5k workout. Let's go motivation!


Restriction: I am still feeling restricted after a week. It feels really good to know it is tight again. I just have to be careful about what I am consuming. I have been reading that a lot of people when they loose restriction they tend to make unhealthy food choices since they know it will easily pass thru. Our minds are so wrapped around cheating the band when this happens. I know I do this as well. Like it is okay to still eat it since I know it will be pass. But for me, I have not PB'd before so I need to get away from thinking that the little extra room is linked to bad choices. I have to eat good no matter what, right? The Protein shakes I purchased at Costco the other week and also blogged about have really came in handy. I know it is a liquid that will pass thru but it really keeps me full. It has 30 grams of protein per container and very little sugar. I have drank it a few times when I am really hungry and end up eating a lot less later in the day. Let's go motivation!


I have been on a bean kick too. Gotta get all that protein! Try my 3 Bean salad. It will be great to get you thru the work week. Make it at the beginning of the week and have a bit each day since it makes a large amount.


AM's 3 Bean Salad

1 can of Garbonzo Beans (water no oil)
1 can of Black Eyed Peas (water no oil)
1 can of Pinto Beans (water no oil)
1/2 cup of Red Vinegrette Dressing
parsley chopped (1/2 cup) or dried (1/3 cup)
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder - few shakes
mix together

Goal for this week: Kick ass in Spin

Weight for today: 198 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe sounds AWESOME!!!!! Thank you! I've been kicked in the rear from the motivation fairy also. Doesn't it feel great?

    ReplyDelete