Monday, November 29, 2010

I Made It

... Thru thanksgiving that is!
My first year of cooking a turkey day dinner was a success. I take my bow.

The best part was knowing that I made awesome tasting food and every single person at the table loved everything I made. Sometimes it is hard to please everyone but I actually did it. I am very proud of myself. It was my first try at cooking turkey. I totally stressed about making dinner for my boyfriend's family weeks in advance. Normally his brother's girlfriend cooks... but since she doesn't live there anymore it kinda fell into my lap. His mother doesn't like to cook so between 3 sons and myself ... I was the lucky winner. The good thing about that was I got to make what I like and as healthy as I could. For example using low calorie milk, butter and little to no salt. Still managed to make a brined turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams and veggies. I enjoyed every bit but since I had cooked all day I really wasn't as hungry as I could of been. Maybe too many taste tests prior. Plus the meal I cooked ended up being an early dinner, then off to my own family's house for another dinner with the works. At that point I just wanted to skip to dessert or just have tea while everyone else ate. Luckily I sat at the smaller table with less people so I didn't get asked why I didn't really eat. This part of my family doesn't know I had banding done. So stating I was full really helps avoid such subjects.

The best part of Thanksgiving is the left overs. I think I have ate t-day for 3 days afterwards. Which isn't the best for a diet but I am over my comfort food fix and onto healthy eating this week.

I also didn't gain any weight this holiday. Sweet! I did go up a bit mid week to 200. Not sure why- maybe my period of salty food intake.  I even made it to spin and the gym by myself last week. I think the excess of sleep I got this past weekend helped burn a lot of calories JK

Hope it was a memorable one for everyone! Now on to Christmas....

Does anyone else feel like they are looking older now that their faces are thinner? I looked at myself in the mirror andI think I am looking a little older now my face is;t as round. Maybe my imagination run a muck!

Goal for this week: Water

Weight for today: 198 lbs.   okay fine... 200.2 But that is what I did weight in last week - every single day

1 comment:

  1. I really cooked my first turkey last year. It is awesome when it all comes out and its tasty and everyone is just full and patting their bellies!!!

    ReplyDelete