Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Work is Work

Being out of town last week went well as far as my eating. Plus it wasn't as a stressful trip as I thought it would be. Granted it was still for work - but overall went pretty smooth... which means I had time to eat and think about my choices. I stuck to some pretty decent and band friendly foods. I didn't go carb crazy. I know that I was able to eat more than I would if I didn't drink right before my meal. I guess I need to make more effort to drink thru the day so when I do slow down, I won't be so thirsty. Makes sense. Gotta do it.

I haven't been to the gym in one week. My first week of not going to the gym since January. It felt good to have a break but I know it will be even harder when I go work out tonight. I have to make up for lost time. Plus I have been working longer hours so I haven't made it to spin class in almost a month. I know when works slows down next week I will be able to get back on that bike.

It is amazing how work is suppose to only be a 9 - 5 job but it seems to consume my life right now. It has been my priority over a lot of things these past 2 weeks. I am the only employee here with my job title so it can be good but bad at times. Overall my job is pretty relaxed but times like this it just has to be first so I can be mellow the rest of the time. Its a give and take. Just like anything else in life right now. I gotta GIVE my band good food choices so it will TAKE my pounds away.

I did manage to do a 5 mile walk this weekend around a lake. I have done this walk before I was banded and I had to stop multiple times. It lasted forever and never seemed that I would reach the end. This time we barely were sweating. My boyfriend was the sore a few days after. And it was a relaxing walk, even manged to jog on and off. The second half we walked the trail versus road. This helped break it up. I felt proud that it wasn't difficult to walk that far.

Goal for this week: Get some good work outs in

Weight for today: 200

1 comment:

  1. how awesome to be able to see the difference in a five mile walk. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete