Monday, July 19, 2010

Only on Weekends...

I think my boyfriend is a bad influence.... okay, I said it..... (I love you honey!)

Granted we should all take responsibility for ourselves but do you feel that there is that one person who supports you 100% but believes that they are not a bad influence upon you? A 'you change, but not me' mentality? I feel this with my boyfriend lately. (He would hate me blogging about this too)

He is the best, a total sweet heart. He is always putting others before himself and works hard for things he has... He loves me and wants me to succeed with my weight loss too. BUT he doesn't understand how it feels to have to worry about weight. It is hard to describe my thought process to someone thin.

First of all he is a guy, but secondly he has the perfect Asian metabolism that we are all jealous of. Fit and tone no matter what he does in his life. This guy could eat pure carbs all day and not gain a pound. (Argh) He is also the person that doesn't think about food and doesn't understand how I think of food thru the day. His mind is occupied by work or life, that he doesn't think of food - he eats when he is hungry. Not just because its dinner time. I am a foodie - He is not.

I really struggle sometimes with his thought process because he feels that he is supportive but tells me that I shouldn't eat certain things... then wants to go out to eat junk food since he wants to eat it or we don't have food to make for ourselves. He says "Eat well on the week days, then on the weekends we with me."

Our situation is unique because we don't live together. I spend every weekend at his house, but his family lives with him too. (A Typical Asian household) He doesn't grocery shop for himself so he eats what is made for him, Unless he eats out. I would have to bring it over if I wanted to eat or make it. I bring my protein shakes, fruit and sometimes other snacks. But I am feeling the need that if I do want to eat better on the weekends then I have to be the one to supply the groceries. Isn't this odd to bring over my own groceries every weekend? I don't want to offend his family by doing this either. I feel that is is a no win situation since I wouldn't want to share my food with them, i would be bringing it for him and I only, then would take the left overs with me. Odd - don't you think?

I really have to eat well every day, I just wish that he would understand a bit what it feels like to struggle. He supports me but wants me to eat unhealthy with him. It is a total contradiction. I wish he would see this. I don't want to nag but not sure how to go about changing his mind set.... or offend his family.

I am confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment