Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sweet Tooth


Weighted in this morning at 205, Still hanging out at this number. Which seems right based upon how I have been eating the past few weeks. I have been eating out more which means higher calorie foods. I still stay within reason of my portions but just eating out in general is not good for weight loss.

I have developed a sweet tooth too! I haven't really had that as an adult but after surgery I tend to want ice cream or chocolate. At first I thought it was mental and me just hanging onto old habits. But it wasn't really a habit I had prior. I asked my surgeon about it and they stated it is your body wanting to hold onto fat during your weight loss process. (DING!) Totally true since your body wants to hold onto the fat as a survival tool but it is screaming it wants sweets to get that same fat intake. So now when I am having that craving I have be not give in and fight against what my body is asking for. (Bad Sweets, Bad!)

Also one thing that I was concerned about is my menstrual cycle. It has not been regular and coming each month. I was hoping that once I lost some weight it would return to normal but it has not. This is b/c my body is adjusting with the amount of fat and estrogen levels. I hope to soon get it. It makes me feel like my body is functioning correctly and healthy. Even though I get emotional and break out - I haven't actually had my period. This was odd to me. Any time I have questions like that I just ask my surgeon and they remind me why.

I did get a fill today too. I am almost to my 5 month mark! He was super aggressive with the amount and put in 2cc's. So now I have 8 total. I am hoping that this will be my sweet spot and will help me get back to losing some more weight and recharge me.(Go Restriction!)

Goals for this week: Throw away that chocolate bar at home!

Weight for today: 205

1 comment:

  1. We can't win, can we. Just as we try to get rid of the fat, it pulls us back in.

    ReplyDelete