Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 Simple Goals


1.  Try not to think of eating right part of a 'diet' and think long term. 
I tend to binge eat or feel guilty when I eat something I know I shouldn't.

2. If we make a 'mistake' don't let it ruin your meals for the rest of the day.
Make note of it and don't repeat.

3. If you have a craving... eat it!
Yeah, you heard me! Eat only a small amount of it though. If you can't control how much, since you get into that zone. Write it down in your food log and how you felt. Usually it is more of a mental reason than really a true craving. I eat when I am frustrated or sad. I know I do this and if I see this in my food log I move on instead of dwell and punish myself. If my mind is negative I will fail.

4. Public Food Log.
I have a chart that I write my food and workouts on. I have it taped to my closet so I see it when I get ready in the morning. This version is my simple log so I stay on track. I still log my foods online thru the BodyMedia website. You can make your own chart in Excel. Mine is a bit more fancy being a Graphic Designer... But as long as you have the basics You are good to go! Add a few positive quotes, photos of yourself or a countdown.

5. Talk to yourself!
As silly as this is, I tell myself to have a positive day and 'think' when I eat first thing in the morning. Even Jillian Michaels talks to herself - We all do. It is proven that staying in a positive mindset - positive things will happen. There was a book written about it called "The Secret". Read it.

1 comment:

  1. Great rules!! I love them. You are going to reach the goal you set for your 2 year mark...I just know you will.

    In the mean time feel free to design me a pretty log. LOL

    ReplyDelete