Monday, February 14, 2011

Really, No Carbs

If you have read my previous posts I have started a No Carb diet. Crazy but true! I think it is perfect timing to of read The 4 Hour Body since I had been feeling in a slump over not loosing any weight for months. The diet consists of basically eating eggs, meat, lentils, veggies. And then you have 1 Free day where you can eat whatever you want. I started on Tuesday and by Friday I was down 4 pounds. Saturday was my Free Day. I haven't weighted myself since Friday morning.

When it came to my Free Day which I really looked forward to.. I really didn't splurge as much as I thought I would of. But it did feel nice to have a break and recharge myself for 6 days back on no carbs. It just shows that I really ate a lot of carbs. I haven't been eating lentils with every meal since too many beans equals gas.... I also still drink my protein drinks on my gym days. But so far great results. I am liking this a lot.

This book has really changed my life at this moment. It has made me think more about what I am eating wrong, I work out harder with the tips the author gives you, I have started to read another book that was mentioned in The 4 Hour body about Total Immersion Swimming. I even purchased radiation reducing Pong cell phone cover.  You may think I am crazy for reading a book and making these changes but in all honesty they have really made a difference. I highly recommend reading this book.

I am now on my second week of no carbs... I am feeling in control and strong about my food choices. I am not feeling like I am suffering or struggling one bit. This is a great way to feel again.

Weight for today: 194 lbs. (Fridays weigh in) *ALL TIME LOW*

Goal for this week: Continue being strong and resist them carbs!

2 comments:

  1. The no carbs sounds really intriguing. I have a bad addiction to carbs and need to break it. Did you find it hard to go back the next day after your free day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could go 6 days without carbs. Kudos to you for doing it. Sounds like it is working.

    ReplyDelete