Monday, February 1, 2010

Social Eating

Social eating I wouldn't of thought to be a problem but this weekend when I ate out, I found myself eating more than I should of. From sitting at a table with friends (who know I have had surgery) for a few hours and eating the bread samples and then drinking with my meal - I felt like I ate more than I should. (I can only pawn so much onto my boyfriend's plate) I resorted to drinking ice tea instead of eating more but I felt it did make me want to eat. I didn't feel full as quickly as I normally do. Maybe it was the distraction of catching up, the ice tea or comparing how much I ate to what they did.

[I ate: 2 slices of bread with butter, 1 ice tea drink, 5 scallops, cooked veggies and coleslaw, bread pudding]

Then the following day, eating at a birthday party where there is tons of great food and sweets I felt it difficult to control myself. No one knew I had surgery either. Granted I didn't eat a huge plate of food, but I did tend to snack my way thru the party and eat carbs. I need to find a better way to be social and not over indulge myself with the overeating.

[I ate: fried rice, celery with ranch, 3 brownie bites, 1 mini muffin, 3 cookies, 1 fruit punch drink, 3 mint Malano cookies, 1 bottle water, 1 hot dog, 1 slice of cake]

I feel myself saying that it is okay in my head to eat not-so-good foods or eat more since I have lost so much weight. Like I am making an excuse to say it is okay. I have done that with so many diets in the past. It is like I am constantly rewarding myself with food instead of rewards in better ways. I wonder why I keep doing that to myself? I don't want to sabotage my success so far. I am only hurting myself. How can I ever stop that 'love' of food? Will I ever just not have that desire?

On a lighter note... I am on my quest to find more pants to wear. But yet, I can't find any. I do keep finding cute tops and jewelry though :-)

Goal for this week: I never went to the Yoga class last week. I was so tired. So maybe that will be my goal again this week.

Weight for today: 207

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, Hang in there! AND there is a way to avoid social eating. Eat something light before you head to a dinner or party and/or drink a bottle of water to get your stomache half way full so you don't over eat. I know it's hard but if you have something in your stomache already, it could help. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a real struggle with social eating, too.

    Sometimes I am able to just pick. And other times I eat as if I didn't have a band! (Because I drink with my meals).

    But you know, it's 6 months out and I am down 75 lbs. And if that's my worst behavior that keeps me from losing more weight than I am okay with that. I don't do it a lot and at least I do it under joyous circumstances, as opposed to home alone ;-)

    ReplyDelete