Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reality Check

Thank you for those who commented on my last post. You are right, I am being to hard on myself and I have to think positive... and to think more about how far I have come. Your comments snapped me back into reality and also the fill I had this morning.

I realized that where I was with my last fill was not the right restriction for me. I think it was the hardest because it was my longest period without a fill. Today my surgeon added one more cc. So now I am at 6 total cc's. I hope that the added fluid will help me feel restricted and full longer. I confessed how I was feeling frustrated and disappointed with my scale, but I also stressed how much progress I have come with the gym and exercising. They told me to up my protein with my meals and to pay attention to head hunger versus real hunger. To continue what I am doing and that they kept reminding me that weight loss is slower with the band. The NP told me she was proud of me and that meant a lot.

I reach out to the blog world since I don't know anyone who is in the area nor have any friends who have been banded. So if there are any San Diego bandsters out there - hit me up. I would love having someone in person to relate too!

So I hope that my next coming posts I will have some negative numbers on my scale. Thank you again for the comments and support.

1 comment:

  1. Girl,
    We are in the same boat. I was banded on 9/29/09. I have lost 28lbs. I want it to be faster too, but I have to keep reminding myself I was banded. I didn't have gastric bypass. It is frustrating though. I am at 6.0cc in my band as well my next fill isn't until 3/25, uhhgg. I definetley need another one, I am not satisfied with the amount I am eating and I am getting hungry every few hours.

    I wish you luck and just remember we'll get there. Slow and steady wins the race. ;)

    ReplyDelete