Monday, February 8, 2010

Could I Fail?

I am struggling this week and I need to snap out of it...

Could I fail at loosing weight and keep it off even though I have a gastric band? I fear with all of this is that having a gastric band is no guarantee that the weight will stay off forever and it will come off easy. I have failed at so many weight loss plans that what makes a band any different in how I view my eating and old habits. I know it is more mental in many ways but I wish that when the band went in, that it could change my mind at the same time. I have been pretty good these past few months but I feel like I am struggling with the scale and staying full. Cause when I am hungry I make bad food choices.

I have an appointment to see my surgeon on Wednesday so maybe I will get a fill and I will feel fuller and be recharged for success.

Goals for this week: Confess my struggles to my surgeon & Log my foods into fitday.com

Weight for today: (I didn't weigh myself for the week - intimidated by what it would say)

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there!! It sounds like you need a fill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! Losing weight is harder sometimes than I thought it would be with the band. I was banded right after you on October 23rd and I sometimes feel like the pounds just arent coming off! But realize that losing any weight it great! It is pounds we wouldnt have lost otherwise...you know what I mean?! You are looking good!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your eye on the prize. You can do this. Don't think about your past failures. Think about how far you've come. I'm not in your shoes yet, but it helps when I read blogs and see that even when there are screw ups, it's possible to lose a good amount of weight. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO!!! You can't possibly fail :) Sounds like you definitely need a fill. It probably took me a good 6 months to get anywhere near ideal restriction. I know how you feel though, some days I feel like I've gotten nowhere - and I've lost 100 pounds!! You are doing brilliant so far, hang in there!! It will come - I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    ReplyDelete