Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Yoga, Swimming and Meditations

Wow, I do feel a cloud has been lifted and I feel at ease. You may think it is in my head... but if you believe that acupuncture really works... then you know exactly what I mean.

Aside from sleeping like a baby for multiple nights, I have felt less stressed and more calm about what I have control of. Since I have been sleeping so well I feel refreshed when I get up. I haven't felt groggy and grumpy. And wholly shit, I have even been up before the alarm! If you know me, I love my sleep and I hate getting up. I am not a morning person.

Well, well, well... what is a girl to do when she gets up early on weekend.... go to the gym of course. I ended up randomly at the 9am Aqua Fit class. Yep, me and a bunch of old ladies. It was definitely an odd class. I felt very in shape and very young. I didn't really get much of a workout but it was relaxing. I am a fish. I love to be in the water. I haven't been in a pool in a while... and it just felt like I returned home. I grew up swimming and I wanted to be a life guard in my younger days. Reality sunk in and I knew I physically couldn't do it. I wasn't a fast swimmer. Any how... I relaxed in the pool with my ol' peeps... and then after they re-laned the pool I did laps for about 20 minutes until it started to get crowded. It felt so good to swim. I was in heaven and so overwhelmed with joy thru the remaining of the day. I loved it. I have to return.

Not only with the swimming I have been to yoga class 4 times the past 2 weeks. I am so not flexible and I hate every second of the class since I can't flex as much as everyone else. But even though at a quick glance the other people look like they are workin' the poses... look a little closer... they are all shaky and most likely thinking the same thing about themselves. Once the class is over I feel great. That is what matters. 

I know I really need to be continually working on myself. So I meditated more this weekend. Just as simple as... laying on the bed, headphones in my ears and calmly breathing. I didn't feel silly doing this in a new place. I kinda thought my bf would joke around about it. But he is very supportive of me doing it. He left me alone and let me do my thing. Maybe because he sees a difference in me so far? I hope so, since I feel it. I want to portray it externally. I want it to work.

I can't wait for my acupuncture appointment tomorrow. I am stoked to tell the doctor.. shamen... guru... tech... whatever you call'em... my results of the previous week. I know when I am at the end of my 6 weeks I will see a difference. In 1 week I have... can't wait to see the long term effects.

Goal for this week: Yoga and eat wisely while traveling.

Weight for today: 199.5 (still kickin' it here)



No comments:

Post a Comment