Friday, September 16, 2011

A Very Aggressive Fill

Off to the surgeon I went to have my band filled and a little pep talk yesterday. I told him all about how I can't tell what I had concerns about.... How I can eat a huge meal one day but the next of next meal I end up getting stuck, I feel hungry, I can't tell what that perfect portion would be, my no carb plan, my new Shakeology shakes, the frustrations I feel that each new thing I am trying isn't working, and most importantly how I haven't lost any weight this past year.

So his answer to all of my questions... A very aggressive fill. I had my appointment at 3pm. Way later than usual and therefore when I weighed in I was 209. Wholly Shit! Not good. He wants me to come back in a couple of weeks to see if this large fill really helps. He wants 2 days of liquids and me to continue to write down what I eat.

If this fill doesn't work then he wants to have the next fill adjustment done under an Xray where it is live with contrast dye that I swallow. I have had this done before and it is a pretty cool technology. But is expensive. The last time I had it done which was my first fill, I was already past my deducible so it was covered. Today, I think I would have to pay the full amount. Ouch!

Since my fill, I haven't felt hungry. I had a shake for dinner last night and was fine. This late a morning I am having a packet of watered down oatmeal and some tea. Kinda scared to eat solids but we will try some mushy things first.

So far so good... fingers crossed this works.

p.s. I am burping like crazy. Maybe my band is moving air out to make room for the liquids?

No comments:

Post a Comment