Monday, September 19, 2011

Party Pointers

It has been 4 days since my  last confession  latest fill. I am feeling pretty good so far. I haven't felt hungry and I am trying not to eat too large of portions. Mushy food passes easier but the denser foods I definitely can't eat a lot of. Or if something is too dry. In some way I am kind of scared to force myself to eat too much. I really want this fill to be the one that works.

I went to two parties this weekend and both served lunch. Both parties were a lot of fun aside from the eating part. It is always good to see my close friends and get caught up. It in a way, recharges me. I didn't want to eat too much while there since I didn't want to get stuck. So I ate oatmeal or a yogurt before leaving the house. It really helped to have the right kinda of snack prior. I didn't over do it. But social eating definitely is a downfall.

Party 1: Had a mix of Asian foods from Chinese, Filipino and Hawaiian. It is hard not to eat something fried or a carbohydrate with such a selection. In stead of taking a bit of everything like I normally do... I picked a couple of things that were my favorite and just ate those. The desserts I happen to not be fond of so I didn't feel tempted to eat. The chicken that I did eat almost got stuck. I had to eat a little amount while chewing longer, then waiting a bit to eat more. I was getting a few looks since everyone else around me was devouring their plates. My bf and I now have a hand signal when he sees me stop eating... While no one is looking I point to my chest and then he knows what is wrong. I end up having to use the bathroom to spit up that thick-dog-slobbery-saliva that gathers in back of your mouth when you get stuck. Luckily it didn't turn into me throwing up.

Party 2: No selection except chicken casserole, strawberry salad and bread. I should of skipped on the bread and the casserole. But I managed to eat it. It haunted me the remaining of the day. Just say no to anything baked with mayo, cheese and topped with potato chips. Dessert was cupcakes... I had 2. Not the lowest calorie lunch. But since I ate a larger lunch I ended up eating a small bowl of soup for dinner. So all in all I stayed within my calorie limit for the day. Learned that casseroles may taste good but don't agree with my tummy.

It is always a battle to stay focused with so many temptations at a party. Here are a few party pointers:
- Don't stand near or around the serving area.
- Stay clear of open candy dishes.
- Pick a favorite entree and not entrees.
- Always take more green salad to fill up your plate first - there is less room for unhealthy choices.
- Be social and stay occupied. I know when I am bored I eat more. 
- Drink a lot of water.
- Have a healthy snack before the party. That way you don't over do it.

Goal for this week: Water, Water, Water.

Weight for today: 204 (ouch)

2 comments:

  1. One of my goals for the week is water as well. How is it going? My problem with parties is that I want to make something tasty and sinful and then eat it all. OR, I gravitate towards the slider foods that I know wont cause a scene and those are usually terrible!

    ReplyDelete