Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back On Track

A getaway was definitely needed. I got out of town for a relaxing weekend away. Relaxed, Read, Cooked healthy no carb meals... and basically recharged myself for this week. It has been very stressful at work. I am a stress eater and I am trying to make better choices when I am in that mode. I am always on the go and need a quick snack to tide me over or something quick to grab on my way out the door. The past week or so I have been making my Egg Minis. It is a spin off from a SouthBeach diet recipe. It makes cute little cupcake sized egg quiches. Perfect for breakfast and on the go. Very easy to make ahead since it makes 6 qty in the tray I use. 


I also made an effort to make a small healthy snack for when I am so busy I forget to eat and then I get famished and want anything and everything bad for me. I made Roasted Chickpeas. Again, very easy to make and make ahead. I found that you have to cook them until they aren't soft in the middle, if not then they are too dry for me to eat and kinda get stuck. The crispier the better. Here are the recipes.... 


Egg Minis
Ingredients
1 cartoon of egg white liquid
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
Morning Farms Veggie Sausage Patty (chopped)
salt / pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Divide Spinach and Sausage into cupcake tray (I used a 6 qty tray for larger minis). Pour egg white liquid into each spot and do not fill since when cooking it will expand. Cook for 20 minutes or until egg is cooked thru. Cool tray and remove egg minis. 


Roasted Chickpeas
  • Ingredients 
  • 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt (optional)
  • garlic salt (optional)
  • cayenne pepper (optional)

  • Directions
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  • Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.





I was also recommended to try Shakeology. This is a super shake. A protein shake on crack. It has so many vitamins and such. It doesn't have caffeine which I liked and also 17grams of protein and under 200 calories. The bad part is that a bag of 30 servings runs about $110. I tried a sample yesterday of the chocolate flavor mix. It tasted like cake, very yummy cake. It kept me full so long and it also gave me lots of energy thru my whole day. With the Premiere Protein Shakes I usually drink, It fills me up but not as long as the Shakeology. I ended up buying 2 bags to get me thru a few months. Check out Shakeology for more information.

I am turning my crappy mindset into a positive one and so far I have stuck to my no carb plan for over a week. The only thing didn't rule out was soy milk for my protein shakes. But I have kept my calories below what I am allowed and also keeping track on my BodyMedia Fit program too. I may of found a good ratio going. The fill I got last week is working out very well. I am eating less and getting full quicker. I just have to eat the right density in the foods and I feel it. Fingers crossed.

We finally booked our trip to Maui for 7 days! It will be in mind July. And I am so excited. time to get crackin' cause I want to be able to eat whatever I want guilt free that whole week and look good in my bathing suit again. 70+ days and counting.

Goal for this week: Keep up No Carbs! Stay under 1300 Calories.

Weight for today: 199 (Yey the scale is moving again)


Thanks for baring with me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Awesome blog!! Love it! Blogging has helped me in my journey too! I'm so glad you are loving Shakeology! I know it will be a great tool to help you reach your goals & you WILL reach your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these recipes which I'm definitely going to try! The way I feel about spending $ on food/products is it's way more expensive to have obesity and related diseases. Have you ever tried Sun Warrior protein powder? That's another one I'm looking into. I'm applauding your "under 200" goal--that's awesome!!!! And Maui sounds amazing. I am at the beginning of this road, hoping to be approved for surgery w/in 6 months, similar starting weight as you, mid 40s, journalist, mom of two. Hope you'll follow my blog and exchange support...I'll have to add you via your email address since right now I'm being pretty private about this journey. My email is heymelissawolf@gmail.com and if you (and your WLS readers too) send me your email address and blog address, I'll add you as one of my readers. Thanks, and CONGRATS again!

    ReplyDelete