Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mean Greens and Energy


Last week I blogged about how better I am feeling and how ODD it was I woke up at 6:30am to do chores around the house with such joy. Well later on that day I even started my juicer up. I have been wanting to juice since I saw the Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead movie. Luckily I already had a juicer so it didn't really cost me much to start it. When I first was banded I thought that I would constantly make my own juices while on my liquid diet. So I bought a juicer. I had only made fresh juice twice then stored my juicer away. Two years later here I am using it again....

I have a Brevelle Juicer. They can be pretty expensive but I have the lower cost version that is a compact style. I found it on amazon for under $90.

I didn't have a set recipe I wanted to follow so I just got a bunch of items and threw it in. The first time I made this version of juice I didn't put that many apples in it. I think the apples are a must if you have a lot of greens. I used.... kale, chard, celery, carrots, cucumbers, ginger, green and red apples, a but of lime. I also defrosted some strawberries and berry medley mix I had in the freezer just to see what it could add to the flavor. Next time I will add fresh strawberries since it didn't do much for sweetness. There is a lot of produce here since I made enough to yield 2 portions.

I drank some for dinner and couldn't even finish the one glass. When you first make it, the juice is kinda frothy but really filling. The remaining I drank the next day wasn't as good tasting but still very filling. I have never had kale or chard in my life and now I am interested in making them in a meal for a side.

Last week I juiced for 4-5 meals. And I even got up early a second day. I got up to run the hill by my house. I felt great that I got up and ran at 7am. I made some coffee before I left the house so I can have a cup of hot coffee when I got back from the cold morning air. I felt so energetic thru my whole day. It is such a great feeling. I have a lot more energy!

Over the weekend we also did the "bootie buster hill" that I would always have to stop half way when I weighted 230. I didn't even stop or breathe heavy. Even managed to run part of the dirt trail at the top of the hill. The area is called Torrey Pines State Beach. At the top of this hill that most tourist drive up, is an outlook of the coastline, a state park and a bunch of walking trails. I think it is one of San Diego's hidden gems. My boyfriend kept saying how proud of me he was that I just kept going and then how surprised he was that all of a sudden I started to run on the trail. It made me feel great that I did it and also he was shocked.

Goals This Week: So this week I will get up early two more days and run the hill near my house, I will juice thru the week. I think my blood pressure is down as well! Whoo hoo

Weight For Today: 203 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment