Monday, September 13, 2010

Karma is a Bitch

I speak from experience on this one because last night I had a sweet tooth after dinner. I knew I didn't have much of a selection. I even though I had just ate my dinner I reached for some soy milk and some chocolate syrup.

One, I drank right after eating which I shouldn't of done.
Two, it was chocolate syrup.

I couldn't remember the last time I had even ate any of that syrup - or how long it had been in the fridge. Why was it still there? Anyhow, I mixed the two and enjoy a cold chocolate milk. It hit the spot. Well in the middle of the night I woke up in hives, burning and itching! That choloate syrup was the only new thing I ate in the last 24 hours. So I went to check out the bottle... EXPIRED... and not just by a bit... it was by YEARS! I don't even want to tell you how long, lets just say loooong ago it should of been thrown away.

Talk about some serious instant Karma. Damn, that band sure knows how to teach me a lesson. Even worse... what is in chocolate syrup anyhow.... check this out!

3 comments:

  1. OMG how awful! I hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Gods way of saying "Told you So!!". sorry to hear of the hives and such. You have inspired me to check all my expiration dates tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a silver lining to the whole chocolate syrup thing...

    the recipe provided in the post you linked to is just about the most healthy alternative as you could come up with...and cheap...and really easy to make, if you can stir and dump the ingredients into a pot, you can make it...

    ReplyDelete