Monday, September 13, 2010

I Love Shopping

The worst part of getting banded is the LOVE I have for shopping now. I used to hate shopping because I could only shop within certain stores. It was a very frustrating and limited. But now I have such a selection in most stores, that I just want to buy stuff just because it fits. This can be so BAD! So now I have to narrow down what I want and what I need.

I have recently purchased three amazing and well fitting dresses. (Banana Republic and Shabby Apple) I think that these will last me awhile since they can be worn even if I loose more weight. The way these dresses fit are perfect now but can only get better even at 10 pounds less. I purposely bought smaller sizes but surprisingly they fit just great. I guess I under estimated how small I am. One of the dresses is even a size 12! I can't remember the last time I wore anything close to a 12. This dress is the wrap around black dress similar to the one below. It looks more Mad Men-Retro than this photo. (I love Retro and Rock-a-Billie) I am wearing it today.



I just went today to finally take in my three pairs of pants to be tailored. They are all size 14's. I will get them back at the end of the week... just in time for my cruise. I also got a cute grey short sleeve with tie jacket - size large ... and a dark purple cotton sweater - size Large... perfect for fall! (Maybe my boobs will get smaller so I can fit into a Medium one day!)

I am very excited to go on my cruise. I have never been on one before. Kinda of nervous to be on a huge boat in the middle of the ocean but more nervous to be with my family who do not know I have been banded. For some reason, one of them found out I was in the hospital last year but not sure what for. I a sure it will be brought up sometime during this week. If so I am not sure what to say... I did have ammonia that week so I guess I will just say that. It honestly isn't any of their business. I am also nervous b/c I have a small scar on my stomach and plan to wear my bathing suit - which means my scar might be seen. It is pretty light and small... but you never know. The last and final reason I am nervous... What do I eat on a cruise ship where I can still indulge but not gain any weight? Anyone who I have ever talked to that has gone on a cruise states they ate the whole time and gained 7 pounds! I don't think zip lining and doing a wine tour will keep me the same weight. Maybe I might have to explore the gym on the ship.

Have fun in Chicago you B.O.O.B.S. ladies!

Goals for this week: Be good on the cruise

Weight for today: 200 (why there you are, I have missed you two hundie)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you are going on a cruise. They are so much fun. Even if you end up gaining weight on the cruise you'll lose it quickly. Usually the gym equipment and classes on cruises are so much fun so it should be easy to get in exercise. And if you do excursions even better because you'll get in exercise and you'll be away from the every present food on the ship. Just make sure to get your protein in first. I assume you have your reasons for not telling your family. It's hard to give you ideas on this issue because I've told everybody. Has made life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete