Monday, May 10, 2010

Gotta get to Onederland!

My first week of liquids went okay. I wouldn't say that I was perfect the whole time, but I did really and honestly try to eat better... Until this weekend. Mid week I had lost two pounds (woo hoo, GREAT) but didn't weigh myself for the rest of the week until this morning for my weekly weigh-in. I gained one pound from the two I lost. Um okay that is alright I guess. It was a sad morning but I know what my issue is with last week!?!

I am great while at work, I am in my controlled environment, I don't really take any time for a lunch and eat what I bring. Last week was protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. I had two scoops of protein mix in my breakfast shake to help me thru the day more. It seems to work. If I could go thru the whole day without a dinner I would of, but I went home to eat a dinner. I made somewhat of an effort to eat a good meal. Aside from a few sweet treats thru the week... I would say I did an 80%.

I would say that the way I eat today from when i was first banded is a lot more. I think I am being more lenient with what I put in my mouth versus being so strict upon my self as I once was. Maybe that is because I don't really feel much restriction compared to then. I feel like I am struggling with eating the right foods.

As for the weekend it was a different story. The two pounds must of been to my head and I must of thought I was skinny... but having a mother's day dinner, then popcorn at the movies, ice cream before bed... then eating out for dinner on Sunday followed by more ice cream... well that is the reason for the one pound gain.

It is like I want to be less than 200 pounds so bad, but I am not working as hard as I should (and know I am capable of). I lived, I learned, I am now in a new week... Gotta get to Onederland!

Goal for this week: Continue liquids thru the WHOLE week

Weight for today: 202

4 comments:

  1. So I am a fairly new follower but you do realize you are working around your band right? The band is built to hold solids. When you go on liquids they slip right on through. They let you drink more and they do not trigger the nerve that tells you you are full/satisfied.

    What if you tried eating foods that stuck with you the longest? or were the hardest to digest? or really shifted to protein and vegetables only?

    A third idea is to think about a fill. You say you are hungry, your weight has stopped dropping off...maybe a fill is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be that close to Onederland! You will arrive there soon, I promise! Today is a new day, keep your head up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close!

    Sounds like you are doing all you can change things up a bit and if I remember you're doing the 5 day pouch test so you'll be doing solid proteins soon?

    I always make myself "stay" in liquids longer than 2 days and it ends up being the end of my 5dpt- but what I've learned is to just stick with the 2 days, perfect or not then stick with the mushies for a day and then solids (even if I wasn't 'perfect'- it messes with your head to do liquids for too long).

    You are doing great- you'll be in onderderland any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've blogged about it which is step #1 so you'll be reaching onederland soon.

    ReplyDelete