Monday, April 26, 2010

Feeling Normal Again

I really need to cut back on my calories since I have been lingering around these few pounds. It is getting very frustrating. But I honestly know what I have to do. I gotta kick myself in gear. I have been a snacking more and that isn't really me since I don't do that. But wanting to eat everything things in sight and being a bottomless pit is not a good thing... I figured out why though! I finally am allowing visitation rights to Auntie Flo! I hope that it now comes regularly each month so my body knows what the heck is going on. I have only have my period a handful of times this past year.

The last time I went to see my doctor I had blood tests done. I do this every year as part of my annual. This time I compared my test from last year to this time... I am 100 percent normal range in all of my results. Whoo hoo. So with me getting my period that means my body has less percentage of fat, there for my estrogen levels are leveling out thus allowing my period to come. This means that if I can get my period to keep coming back that I would be regular again and be able to get pregnant in the coming years. That is a big deal to me since one of my biggest reasons for doing gastric banding...to be healthy enough to have kids and then after that be able to keep up with them. I was afraid I just was too heavy and it would not be something possible to do. My fingers are crossed that my body knows it is on the right track.

I bought new bras this weekend. I treated myself since I really needed new ones. I spent a lot of money but it is worth it since I wear them everyday. Now I am in the right size bra and my boobs look even smaller. I feel kinda flat chested. I know I am not but it is the smallest my boobs have been in a REAL long time. If you live in the San Diego area there is a great place called "Enchantress" in Mission Valley. It is a bra, naughties, bridal store. They help you find the right bra and offer great one on one service. If you allow them they will come int he dressing room to help you. Seeing you topless is nothing to them since they look at boobs all day long anyhow. Totally sweet staff. I went from a 38 to a 34 band! Stoked!

Goal for this week: consume less calories

Weight for today: 203

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being in the normal range for your tests. And it is so exciting that your body is getting in sync and hopefully you'll be able to get pregnant. I had a friend who had issues with conceiving, but after she lost weight she got pregnant. I know you're on the right track and I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am in the same boat re: reasons for banding.

    I enjoy bra shopping so much more now too! (though I wish they'd lift and seperate themselves a bit more).

    ReplyDelete