Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Focus on Self

The last couple of weeks I have been watching a lot of 'fat shows'. I am not sure what to call them. You know shows like Biggest Looser, I Used to be Fat, Chelsea Settles. Granted I have spent more time watching TV than my normal reading at night. Sometimes I get sucked in to reality TV. One thing that has come out of all this TV craze is that I am watching these people go thru these life changing opportunities... I am watching others go thru it instead of focusing on my own opportunities. I shouldn't be sitting there - I should be doing!

I have started to think more about what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. I mean simple stuff that will make a difference. Not eating a scone or muffin but eating an apple instead. Having quick bites of good things versus evil things. What I see I eat. So if I see the right choices I will do it instead of searching out quick fixes or bad food choices. Saving the 300 calorie mistake.

Another thing I have made a change is in how many times I work out and what I am doing. For example, I went to my first Spin class since July. It felt great to go. I burned tons of calories and sweat like no other. I have been doing 2 yoga classes each week since my injury. I think I have babied it way too long and I have to do more. Spin is that answer. I have enjoyed my yoga classes so I will keep going but now only once a week. I am trying to get back to what I was doing before July. This includes weights. I can't forget to do them - I have to make time for them. Definitely can tell my muscle tone has gone down since I haven't been doing it. 

Stress is a big factor in way I am unhappy and always gained weight. I notice the days I don't go to the gym I am very lazy or more stressed. I always feel better and make wiser choices if I work out. I want to be one of the people who do something each day. If I really want to be a certain person then I need to act upon it. With that said this week I have started a new routine.

Monday: 1 hour cardio (outside or gym)
Tuesday: 1 hour Spin Class, 1 hour weights
Wednesday: 1 hour cardio (outside or gym)
Thursday: 1 hour Yoga Class, 30 min cardio, 1 hour weights
Friday: Off day
Saturday: 1 hour cardio, 1 hour weights, Swim Laps or Spin Class
Sunday: 1 hour cardio, 1 hour weights, Swim Laps or Spin Class

I am logging everything down and how many reps again. That way I can visually see progress and push myself each time. I haven't been doing that and that is why I have gained 7 pounds since my Maui trip in July. It disappoints me and I am mad at myself. I have to get my 199 back. I have to earn it once again.

Next week is my 2 year bandiversay. Wow 2 years!

Goals for this week: Follow Simplicity

Weight for today: 204.5

1 comment:

  1. Knowing what is wrong is half the battle. You will find your center and have the success you desire.

    ReplyDelete