Thursday, October 20, 2011

2 YEARS

This week marks year 2 since I was banded. I'd have to say this is the best 2 years of my life. Of course it isn't all happy days, there are many frustrating ones... but I am referring to the person I have come to be. That is really what this journey is all about. Sure I may bitch about how frustrated I am that I am not seeing the scale move this part year... but who I am on this inside is definitely shinning thru. I am seeing more and more of my ideal self.

Not so much the fat girl mentality any more... Year one is really finding and adjusting to the new lifestyle. A little bit bumpy and unsure. But by the time you are onto year 2 you find your place, you find out how far you are willing to push yourself, you find out a lot more than what you ever expected of who you are to become.

I know that my journey is a bit slower than some. But I have come to be realistic that the weight wont magically come off as it did the first few months. You truly and honestly have to work at it.

Without being banded I wouldn't have done most of the things I have in the past 2 years.
Even thought of going to a gym
Spin Class
Yoga Class
Zip Lining
Mountain Bike riding
Kayaking (in my bathing suit)
Vacation in my bathing suit
Wear a size 14
Think about my outfits versus throwing on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt
Wake up happy
Acupuncture
Meditation
Fit into a plane seat
Wear tank tops
Wear Skinny Jeans
Enjoy Shopping (probably too much sometimes)
Eat organic
Dance without being drunk (you know what I am takin' about)
Dance solo on the dance floor
Wear fun bracelets
Wear a watch

There is so much more to life than just the scale. I guess if you aren't happy with yourself no matter what that damn scale says... you just wont be happy. Cheers to another year and more fun things ahead...



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your bandiversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome list of things you have accomplished since being banded. Congrats on your success!

    ReplyDelete