Thursday, October 28, 2010

Now What - 1 year and 1 week

I am officially working on year 2 now, no more 1 year mark to look forward too. I am past it and moving on with life. I have to. Today I stepped on the scale at my house and it still said 200.1. Dammit! And I got dressed and headed to the 1 year check up with my surgeon. I wasn't sure if he would be disappointed I was still in the 200s or if I would get a 'little talk' about 'rights and wrongs'. What was I thinking! My surgeon is the nicest man. He would never do such a thing. He has such grace and care with every word that comes out of his mouth. And a NP that is his partner in support. She reminds us of the day to day and motivation to keep working at the successes. Staying healthy and making the right choices, to not focus so much on the number but how I feel in my clothes. I always feel recharged after a visit with them. Granted I have got a fill every time I have been there. But it also is a little mental slap on the arse to keep working hard. When the NP weighted me I was 198! Love it!

With that said I did get a little fill since I don't feel as restricted as I did 6 weeks ago when I had my last appointment. I think it will be just what I need on this guessing game of finding the right restriction.

"Remember dense proteins and no liquid calories" he says.

In my head I am thinking, "I have to break my addiction to Starbucks since I have been going there a bit more lately. I hate how it is so close to my office." And what did I do when I got out of the appointment? Yep, I went and picked up a soy chai. EVIL it tell you just EVIL.

Here are my stats from the Tanita Body Composition Analyzer that were taken 1 year ago and today. Pretty interesting comparison.
OCT 2009 (the week before surgery)
Weight: 227.0lbs
BMI: 39.6
BMR 7518 kJ - 1797kcal
Impedance: 519
Fat %: 49.9%
Fat Mass: 113.5lbs
FFM: 113.5lbs
TBW: 83lbs


OCT 2010 (the year mark)
Weight: 198.0lbs
BMI: 35.1
BMR 6960 kJ - 1664kcal
Impedance: 451
Fat %: 42.8%
Fat Mass: 84.5lbs
FFM: 113.5lbs
TBW: 83lbs


Something that motivates you is seeing your own ass look so small. I LOOK NORMAL- WOW!

Goal for this week: Steer clear of the evil Starbucks

Weight for today: 198

3 comments:

  1. You look better than normal, girl. You look HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture!!

    I hear you on the Starbucks addiction. Tea is sort of working (sometimes :)) and is saving me money.

    ReplyDelete