Monday, September 21, 2009

29 Days....


After finding out that my insurance approved me for surgery I got excited then scared... the day I have been waiting for is finally here. Should I still go thru with it? Should I just go on a really strict diet? What was I thinking... the opportunity that I have been given is right in front of me!.. But I didn't make the surgery date just yet...

I wanted to go to the hosted introductory/group meeting that Dr. Wittgrove held this past Saturday. I asked my boyfriend to go with me, and I am so thankful he went. It helped him understand more about what it is and why it would help me. Just listening to Dr. Wittgrove and a testimonial by a previous patient of his, made me realize I am doing the right thing. So I called into their office first thing this morning and made an official date... Monday October 19th is the procedure date. 29 days from this very day.

The Friday before, I have to go in all day for a physical exam, which I have to fast for. Not sure what will occur on that date. I do know I have to pay my deductible, purchase my vitamins and protein shakes then. Plus that night prior will probably be the last time I will eat a solid food for the next month. I think out of this whole thing that will be the hardest to deal with. But with having the procedure done in October, I get a whole month before the holidays arrive.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Looking forward to sharing your journey---

    ReplyDelete