Monday, July 9, 2018

It’s my Surgeons Fault

Finally! I had my surgeon follow up appointment from all of the abdominal pain I’ve been having for over a month now. In my last post I mentioned I went to the ER and left with the diagnosis of a swollen esophagus. Well today in my appointment I stood over the surgeons back and asked him to show me my CT Scan & explain the swelling. He looked at me confused as the ER evaluation he was looking at stated there was no swollen esophagus but swelling in my fat under my ab muscles.

Now why was I told one thing the. The paperwork says something different???

I’m visual so I asked him to show me in the CT imagery. Well it showed the swelling there kinda like a storm cloud when the coloring of the scan should of been black. Clearly my body was pissed about something .... The Dr took total blame and said it seems like when he tried to do the fill last time that maybe he injected the 5cc’s into the scar tissue instead. Poking and injecting in the scar tissue or he caused me to bleed... well which ever one of his assumptions has sucked because of the pain it has caused me.

He then asked me what I wanted to do. I told him I want him to take it out and possibly do a gastric sleeve. The magical internet has shown me that both can be done in the same opporation... but Kaiser does not do them together. I’m looking at 2 surgeries and up to 6 months of hoops to jump through just to get it all done. Now if I just want the band removed that can be done just by scheduling and could be done as little as 2 months. Just a matter of when he has an opening.

Sigh...

I left there disappointed. Still in minimal and mild pain. Now with 2 very big surgeries to consider. Since doing this entire process now puts a hold on my husband changing his job. New job would mean new insurance and more delay. I’m suppose to start looking for work after 3 years of enjoying my stay at home mommy mode. Where does this surgery land? I can’t put off finding work either. My husband never agreed with me getting the Lapband so once these issues started he chimed in and said “i told you so” kinda crap. He has been thin his entire life and never once had to worry about weight loss so he does not get it at all. I love him dearly but positive support is what I need.

Another long sigh...

Weight today : 225.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment