Sunday, June 24, 2018

My 9 Hour ER Visit

Could not stand the pain last week so I drove myself to the ER. I went in for abdominal pain.

They drew blood and a urine test, then hooked me up to an IV for dehydration. Now this is over a span of 9 hours, mind you. The doctor recommended I do a CT scan of my belly. Check out in detail of what may be going on with my lapband that is causing pain. Now, this causes a major concern for me because I am allergic to contrast dye. Red flag for me. Tons of back and forth between one doctor to the next and then a radiologist finally allowed me to get one done. BUT then I had to have a standard X-ray to see if there was any Barium fluid from my Upper GI X-ray the day before. My oh my. THey then gave me some allergy medicines to help prevent any reaction to the contrast dye. At the end of 2 sets of X-rays and the CT Scan I now know my lapband has caused my esophagus to swell where it is attached.

Pain in my entire abdomen and my lower back is caused by a single area of swelling. It has now been a total of 3 weeks. The pain is less as I took it upon myself to read a bit online about what others have gone through. Some stated to do a soft foods or liquid diet to help the irritation go down. So that is what I have been doing since Friday. I'm 3 days in to soft foods and protein shakes. (I really don't know how I lasted so long before not eating in Pre-Op). This will get me through till my July appointment with the GI Surgeon... Which is another 2 weeks away!

Weight : 217

No comments:

Post a Comment